The Galen Art Show




 Last Night At The Galen Art Show


The night I had been looking forward to for weeks, had finally arrived. I was a bundle of nerves as I got dressed yesterday. Oh, what to wear???!!!! I changed a dozen times, till I finally decided on a navy, bohemian style jumper with my black boots….  Would the people like my work… Oh, what am I doing??? I don't like crowds, why did I say I would volunteer ???? I took a deep breath in and headed out the door. I drove the short distance to the Galen. Walked in and introduced myself. I was handed a name tag, an artist badge, and a clicker to count the people who came through the door. That was my job, to stand pretty greet, the people as they came in, and click. I could do this… I looked around and saw my artwork - two pieces hung proudly on the wall to the right of the entrance. At that moment seeing my work among other photographers made me proud…All of the work is a little unique and different from the rest. We all had a different vision… 

As the evening progressed, I greeted and counted. In the back wine and other beverages with snacks were served. People all around drinking and looking at the art. 

The gallery started to fill up… 105 people. Then some of my friends arrived. They were so supportive of my work. We stood in the middle of the gallery and chatted for a while. More and More people arrived. 122 people. Some were looking at my pieces, so I went over to them, introduced myself, and started to chat. They loved my work !!! So different from the rest… They had never seen photos printed on glass… 

A photographer from Palm Springs Life Magazine was busy snapping photos of the gallery, the people, and the artist. I found myself, being photographed, first with my friends, then in front of my artwork. 

As the evening progressed my friends left. I went around the gallery and met with another artist. 

Another couple stood in front of my work. Again I introduced myself, they loved my work so much that we exchanged numbers. They want me to do a larger piece for their home. 

I met with another art gallery owner, they too loved my work. I was invited to meet more artist at their gallery in Rancho Mirage on Saturday evening. 

As the evening ended, 178 people had visited. I felt a sense of joy and accomplishment. To be chosen to display my art in this show. This show will go on for 6 weeks. Me, I did it!!! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Older Self

Starting a new Chapter