At the age of 36 my husband abandoned me. I was sick, he was a weak man, who did not know how to take care of a sick wife. He dropped me off at my parents' house in, La Quinta and never returned. Steve and I lived in Pacific Grove, across the street from Lovers Point. Overlooking the Monterey Bay. What a sight !!!! This was home to me. When I found myself at my parents' house, in the desert, in the dust bowl, I cried !!! How could he just drop me off at the place I hated, the desert!!!! I love and miss my home. The fresh ocean breeze. Watching the fog roll in and out. The seagulls overhead. The sound of the waves crashing, The feel of the mist on my skin. The smell of the ocean. How could he!!!!!

Now stuck in my old room - on my hard twin bed. Too sick to move…. I stayed in my parent's house for three long years. They with a team of doctors from UCLA nursed me back to health. After 3 years I was strong enough, physically to move out on my own. But not strong enough mentally to move too far away from my parents. I found a small house in Palm Desert CC to rent. I was so happy to be back out on my own. My place, with my things. A place, where I was able to grow stronger and do what I wanted to do. I had my darkroom in the bathroom and would spend hrs developing photos. Once I was healed emotionally and ready to move back to the beach. My brother and Mom were not doing well. So I decided to stay in the Dust Bowl to help. I stayed and stayed - year in and year out in the heat of the desert.

I started a few businesses, and have been very successful. I met a man, Zach, who has been there for me through thick and thin. I have a cat, Valentina, my princess. I purchased my own home, in Palm Desert. A cute house I have redesigned, overlooking the mountains. Through the years, my brother passed away, then my Mom. Almost a year ago my Dad passed away too. Although I have lived in the desert all these years, made the best of it. It's truly not my home. Not where my heart is. It's now time for me to move on..  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Older Self

Starting a new Chapter